Sunday, November 30, 2008

Amy Winehouse's husband admits 'dragging' her into drugs

Blake Fielder-Civil said he was too weak to stop her

Amy Winehouse's jailed husband has reportedly admitted that he introduced the singer to hard drugs.

Blake Fielder-Civil, who was released from prison earlier this month after serving a 27-month prison sentence for assault, said he "dragged Amy into it (drugs)" and "without me there is no doubt that she would never have gone down that road".

"I made the biggest mistake of my life by taking heroin in front of her,” he added.

"I introduced her to heroin, crack cocaine and self-harming. I feel more than guilty."

Fielder-Civil also said he was too weak to stop the Grammy award winning singer from trying hard drugs.

He told the News Of The World: "The first time Amy took crack she asked me, 'Can I try a bit of that?'.

"Crack is the nastiest drug. It makes you paranoid, unreasonable, edgy and totally suspicious of everyone.

"And you can get hooked on it straight away. But I was weak and an addict and I let Amy take some."

Fielder-Civil also said he was terrified when she suffered a seizure just months into their marriage last year.

"I was there when Amy suffered her first seizure. I still break down thinking about it. We had been taking drugs all day long — heroin and crack," he added.

"Then my wife, who I love with all my heart and soul, just started shaking violently in front of me. I started crying and I lay her down in the recovery position. I cleared her airways to make sure she wasn’t choking.

"But her jaw was closed tight. I tried to stop her from biting her tongue when she was on the floor.

"It was heartbreaking, seeing someone you love more than yourself, someone you would die for, someone you would kill for on the floor shaking."

He is currently undergoing a course of rehab at a clinic in Surrey under the terms of his early release.

No comments: